It is okay to be angry about the abuse you endured, the lies you were told, the hurt you were given. Take time to be angry, do not keep it in. You can not start to heal if you do not let yourself be angry. Keeping it inside will only make it worse, it needs to escape your soul. If you do not let yourself be angry, it will grow into depression, self hatred, and most likely redirected anger. After being in an abusive relationship you overthink everything.
- I should have done this differently
- I should of said this instead
- I should of stood up for myself
- Why did I not leave sooner how was I so stupid
- I should of seen all the signs in the beginning
- Set times where you need to just let your anger out
- Think about what your anger is directed too and let it out
- Let it out in your own personal setting in your room, in your car away from others, or drive to a secluded area. Wherever you can feel comfortable & not hurt others
- Scream as loud as you want, pretend your telling the person your thinking of whatever comes to mind, punch your pillow, whatever you have to do.